118 Diecast Toys Reviews Online



Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Car Collection Of WRC Legend Juha Kankkunen

I cling to the roll bar as the man who won 23 rallies slides a Group B car past the front door of his private museum. The Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 2, for example, is the very car in which he won the Swedish Rally in 1986. "In '86 I went from a rear-wheel-drive Toyota to a four-wheel-drive Peugeot," says Kankkunen. "It required a totally different style of driving but it only took me three months to adjust and I won the second rally I entered. When you're a kid you can learn anything quickly."Kankkunen won his first World Championship with Peugeot in 1986, but the infamous Group B cars were banned a year later following the death of his close friend Henri T

Read more of this 118 Diecast, Toy or Other Hobby Information ...

No comments:

Post a Comment